Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The wait that lasted longg....!!

The series goes like this!!


Submitted my online application in Mid September after reviews and reviews and reviews.. :) Sent the hard copies by October first week. Had my fingers, toes and dont know what all things crossed!!.. Eagerly awaiting interview calls!! Damn!! Mumbai was scheduled to be one of the last locations for interview, which meant you have read all those "Interview call received" mails from a whole lot of people and wait for yours.. :) Got one at last on Dec 01, 2005. Interview was scheduled for Dec 10, 2005. Interview experience is mentioend in my previous blog.


Once again, it was time to sit back and wait.. which is the worst part but you need to deal with.. you see they say it develops you as an individual, you become a patient person!! Do hell with it.. I dont want to become one, so please let me know as early as possible. Unfortunately things dont work as you want it, so had to wait. Mails started flowing in on the evening of Jan 07, 2006. Those admitted to class of 2007 were ecstatic... and where was I? Still looking for that one mail in the deluge that I received.. courtesy isb-pgp.. :). It seemed as if it had been years the first guy posted his result and I hadnt received mine and then the laughing Yahoo Messenger icon in my last trap blurted out: "From: ISBPGP, Subject: Application Status". From my last years experience, I knew that rejects used to get a mail with "Decision on your application " in the subject and when I saw a different subject, I was thrilled and expected an admit. I never had "waitlist" in mind and BINGO!!! I was waitlisted... it was as if a 10 ton elephant had just sat on my head. All these years of gyming helped.. ;) I was able to get it off and was again crossing all things possible to get the waitlist converted with the R2 results.


Feb 27th, 2006 - R2 admits flowing in on the groups and there I was again, eagerly waiting for the "precious". Unfortunately, the "precious" managed to evade me even then. People started speculating that another list would be out on 17th March, 2006.. so the wait continued. Come 17th March evening, I felt that fate wanted me to wait for one more year and I chalked out some plans for the next year over the weekend after 17th March.


22nd March, 2006, afternoon 3:00PM, casually logged into Yahoo! Mail for sending a personal mail and saw an email lying there with an attachment. With "Kamasutra" floating in our inboxes over the last two months, the "clip" was the first thing that used to hit my eyes, even before the senders name or the subject. Then fortunately I happened to see the subject and I was like staring it with blank thoughts. This mail had come when I least expected it, I was completely indifferent to it even after reading through it completely. My name had almost become synonymous with ISB and I was not getting that feeling of ecstacy. My friends had to give me a good jolt before they could brain wash those plans I had made for the coming year, expecting a reject from ISB.


Then with some friends and some phone calls and some SMSs and some beer at a lounge helped me get that same old feeling of "I LOVE ISB".. :) and Yes I did get that feeling back!!.. :)
So finally "The ISB Buff" is not getting re-buffed by ISB. May be they had done this on purpose.. for me to avail my salary for an extra two months as I would have otherwise resigned long back and enjoyed a longgggg vacation at home.. :) Coming year... two things are for sure... ISB IS GONNA ROCK and ISB IS GONNA ROCK MY LIFE TOO!!!.. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Kishore said...

Congrats Dude.. You owe a Sandwich party and I will not forget it...

11:53 AM  
Blogger Wundergal said...

Hey Mahesh,
Congratulations!!! Wanted to send u personal mail.. but that never happened..so here it is.. 3 cheers to ur optimism and confidence - it always pays off!
-s

9:45 PM  
Blogger Mahesh Shenoy said...

Thanks a lot for those comments folks!!.. :)

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home