Monday, June 19, 2006

Term 2 starts with a bang..

... and is still banging me!!.. :)

Its already the second week in term 2 and I have just been able to key down some thoughts about it.... this should give a fair enough idea to you all about its packed schedule. The subjects are vast.. Competitive Strategy (CSTR), Global Economics (GLEC), Marketing Decision Making (MKDM) and Decision Modelling (DMOP). Every course is so deep that I am already drowning into the vast sea of knowledge not even able to soak in much of it.. ;)

It all started with an amazing tool.. MarkStrat... never knew that a year in an MBA course would get me back to computer strategy games like Business tycoon, Railroad tycoon, Patrician and the lots. Had I got time, I would have loved to spend hours on this game evaluating the strategy and possible ways to clinch the whole market for my firm.. ;) Those computer games used to give you the liberty of going wrong for a couple of times and you could reload it to play it the right way at your third attempt. But here the thought of winning it upfront sends jitters down my spine.. :)

Today marked a great feeling for me.. never felt so relieved at submitting an assignment.. so many things to do over the weekend that I never felt it was a "weekend".. :) We had to submit a one pager for a project we are doing in CSTR on Saturday, along with it we had to submit the first round for the Markstrat game, then was the first DMOP assignment for today and a 3-pager strategy statement for the Markstrat game for tomorrow early morning.

While there was hell of a rush at the library to collect the print jobs, I felt owning a printer here at ISB would definitely be a profitable business. I already own one but never thought of making a business out of it. Now with increasing assignment submissions, I feel that I should consider this option.. :) 12:00AM was the submission time for the DMOP assignment and I got 4 requests to print 15 page documents at 1130PM and it included my own assignment as well.. I felt a sudden rush of urgency and my mind went blank.. moreover I was yet to complete my own assignment as well.. :) the feeling I had then and the feeling I got just after dropping the assignment in the drop box dot at 12:00AM, were at two different ends of the emotional cycle.. ;)

Coming back to my quad, I coolly printed the Strategy Statement for Markstart that me and my group had prepared and walked down again to the Academic Center to drop it. Now I am FINALLY back in my quad and writing this amazingly different experience of mine at ISB of submitting an assignment just IN time.. :) The rush, the emotion, the confusion, the frustration, all added up, are a part of this thrilling and entertaining experience at ISB.. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Nitin Chandil said...

Good post dude....i am really following ISB blogs off late....and consulting@ISB really rocks!

Baaki...what are those strat games and from where can i get them...

and dude do leave ur number...long time no hear

~Nitin

7:16 AM  
Blogger Mahesh Shenoy said...

Hey Amar... 12 am is 12am.. and not pm.. so this means its 12 midnight.. :) And Nits.. hows life at your end? IIML? those strat games are INSEAD tools.. so its not free and ISB has bought licenses for it. You wont be able to buy them outside.. :) my number is 9948393810.. njoi!!

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home